** The Special Master asks that each plaintiff firm forward her an email by October 19, listing its April 2016 In Extremis Cases.
Welcome to the New York City Asbestos Litigation Website* where you can find information on dates and deadlines, depositions, download the latest settlement conference schedules, and access a library of trial cluster and preparation lists.
WebCivil Supreme online access link. WebCivil provides online access to information about cases in Civil Supreme Court in all 62 counties of New York State. You may search for cases by Index Number or the name of the Plaintiff or Defendant, look up cases by Attorney/Firm name, and view Calendars for each court. With our eTrack case tracking service you can receive email updates and appearance reminders for Civil Supreme Court cases.
All documents are Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To view and print a PDF file you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your computer. To download a FREE Acrobat reader click here.
Defense Counsel Meeting Dates
*Please note that defense counsel meeting dates are now listed on the defendants only section of the website.
Part 11 Rule
All papers, letters, documents etc. to the Court must state, under the index number, information identifying the cluster including the plaintiff’s law firm, and, if the papers are submitted in connection with a motion, the motion sequence number.
In addition, cover letters should state the adjourn date, if any, for the particular case or cases.
Pursuant to Administrative Order, electronic filing will become mandatory in all asbestos cases that are commenced in New York County Supreme Court on or after February 27, 2012.
Justice Heitler will still be requiring working copies of all motion papers.
New Filing Requirements for NYCAL Asbestos Cases
(Initial Filing Only)
Effective 9/2/08, every NYCAL asbestos case filed must have an 8 1/2 x 11 cover sheet with the words:
THIS IS AN ASBESTOS MATTER
The Clerk's Office will be assigning a special series of index numbers to all NYCAL cases which will enable the Court to keep track of filings.
Hand deliver all subpoenas to Room 412. All NOSJMs should be brought to Room 412 Wednesdays of each week only.
- Duties and Responsibilities of the NYCAL Special Master
- CMO Amendment Re: Special Master Reappointment
- Supplemental CMO Amendment Re: Special Master
- Recommendation of the Special Master re co worker Privilege
- Settlement Strategies I
- Settlement Strategies II
- Settlement Conference Protocol
- Orders to Show Cause
- Punitive Damages Decision
- All Asbestos Cases; Plaintiffs' Memorandum of Law in Joint Opposition to Defendants' Joint Motion for Stay and Affirmation in Opposition
- Judge Moulton’s Decision on the Motion for Stay on all NYC asbestos cases. This was filed under Index #040000/1988 - Motion sequence 17, filed by Darger Errante Yavitz & Blau LLP, as Defense Co-Liaison Counsel.
*NYCAL.NET is a fee for use cost share arrangement with all firms participating in the litigation. Contact the Web Administrator for further information.